“One of the best views!”
" I've stayed for three days at this hotel and the experience has been very memorable.
This is the only hotel-like property in Rakchham, with proper dining place. Here are some pros and cons:
* Excellent view over the river and valley, especially from the restaurant.
* Restaurant serves some good meals - particularly the Indian options at reasonable prices.
* Staff was humble but hospitable.
* The hotel has two wings - the new one and old one. Old one has charm as the building and walls are made out of wood, as opposed to the new one which looks like concrete. We stayed at the old wing, the corner triple room which didn't get too cold in the morning like outside was.
* Rooms are equipped with geysers where you can get hot water 24hrs (if there is electricity, that is).
* Rooms on the new wing rooms have balcony overlooking the valley.
* There were several English-language books in the restaurant making it a good place to chill out for a while.
* Although we didn't stay, rooms on the new wing looked they could get cold but I may be wrong.
* Menus and all instructions were written in English, but staff's English skill is pretty basic (well, not many people in this region speaks English so can't complain).
All in all, I would still want to come back to this place. Rakchham is a very laid-back village with an amazing scenary, and the hotel is very relaxing. It could get very cold in the summer though, as it is located around 3000 meters above sea level. "